Monday, February 15, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Ever since I was asked in my Education class what I would be doing if I weren't at IU, I've been wondering exactly that. I realized that if I don't get my act together and focus on school, I just might have to do something else, even if temporarily. I came to the conclusion that I had three main options.

Option 1: join the military. This is obviously my least favorite option but the smartest financially. If it came down to this, I would probably go with the Navy or the Coast Guard just because I would get to travel more than I would with the Army. However financially smart this decision would be, it wouldn't be so ideal. I'm very friend oriented and it would be extremely hard to be away from them.

Option 2: transfer to Ivy Tech, work, and live with friends. I would continue my schooling but instead of at IU, I would go to Ivy Tech, or some school of that sort, and try to get my degree that way. I would continue to work part time at Old Navy and maybe even pick up a second part time job. I would find some friends to live with in an apartment/house in either Bloomington or Indianapolis. This would be my best option if IU is out of the equation.

Option 3: pick up a full time job, save up to go back to IU in a few years, and live with friends in the meantime. In addition to keeping my part time job at Old Navy, I would pick up a full time job, most likely as a waitress, and save up money. I would get the apartment or house with friends and live paycheck to paycheck. This option is also not ideal, but probably the most realistic.

So, moral of this blog... do your work, kiddies. I would love to stay at IU and keep on with the plan that I initially set up, but since I didn't work as hard as I should've, I might have to settle for a back-up plan.

2 comments:

  1. No need to settle for a back-up plan! You can totally turn it all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think working as a waitress would be fun. It would have to be a good restaurant though so you can eat lots of good food haha!
    but like julie said, the school year isnt over yet!!

    ReplyDelete